Monday 5 August 2013

Day 9

For those who were watching the live tracking; at least I let you go to bed earlier! 

I guess I just didn't change gears quickly enough. A few others had dropped into paddocks before me and I should have accepted a weaker climb then so I wouldn't have done the same. And the whole thing about not finding a climb under a good looking CU... Well a few words could be and were said about that! 

Lots of people came over to have a look at the foreign object stuck in the paddock, all of them taking photos. Two little girls even had a sit in the glider for a photo. I was quite a soft paddock and we would have certainly gotten the car and trailer bogged. The farmer could see that we were about to try and push the glider over to the trailer that was sitting on the drive way, so he came over with his tractor and towed the glider over with a bit of tiedown rope that I had. We then hauled the glide by hand up onto the slightly raised driveway, ripped the wings off and boxed it up. 

We're almost back at the airfield now and I am starving! I think some polish cuisine is in order and lots of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment