Saturday 20 July 2013

First Post by Ailsa

Hi all! Well here's my first post for the competition. I arrived in Poznan early afternoon on the 18th and caught the train down to Leszno, where I was met by Eric. Since then I've been sorting out my gear while waiting for the glider I will be flying to finish the competition it is currently at.

It has been interesting sitting around the campsite while everyone else arrives. Some of the Danish Team had been here for a while, and they were the first other competitors I met. The Germans have also started arriving and the below photo shows (if you look hard enough) the radio antenna and flag that they managed to place at the very top of the tree on the right!

Late yesterday the French arrived and set up a music system before they started with their tents. So we were listening to Bob Marley while working on our shopping lists!

There's also a beach volleyball court, and small paddling pool out the front of the briefing room building.

Anyway, heading to the briefing now. Will post some more later.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck to the Aussie Junior Team - keep focussed and have fun. Lisa and Peter Trotter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm..nice trees Ailsa. How about a picture of your palatial apartment with "air". I gave UKA a pat..jb.

    ReplyDelete